RoadID

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address below to receive the latest tips for beginning runners:

Delivered by FeedBurner

5K for 30 minutes. Can I do it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83542829@N00/2277962778
 I was pondering on the RunKeeper site (I recently signed up) when I saw this 5K training program.

5K for 30 minutes.

Geesh. That's my current time for 3K.

I started to ask myself the mind-boggling, universe-conspired question: CAN I DO IT?

It's a big commitment to embrace.

It's more than just finishing a 5K. And it is something that I have never done before.

I have fears. If I will commit myself to training to meet 30 minutes, it's going to be tough.

I thought about the training days and hours that I need to have.

It IS going to be tough.

On the other hand, what if I will just finish my 5K?

There's nothing wrong with just finishing it anyway. Besides, should I not really push myself because I just came from a lower back injury and vertigo?

Still with apprehensive thoughts, my Facebook wall asked me: "What's on your mind?"

I posted this: 5K for 30 minutes. Can I do it?

A few hours later, a friend answered, "Sure, sure."

SURE SURE.

No comments:

Post a Comment