RoadID

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address below to receive the latest tips for beginning runners:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Why I run (repost)

Why do I run? Geesh, I do forget it sometimes. Good thing there are other bloggers who help me get a reminder. http://www.flickr.com/photos/30011527@N05/4625142471


It's been four days since my historic Hyundai Run (historic because it was my first time to join the event, first time on a new route, and new PR! More on this in my next post.), so my fingers and eyes are the ones doing the run - in the computer keyboard!

I chanced upon this blog post from WordPress, "Why I run" from The Adventures of Mona. Mona gave us a breakdown of the reasons why she runs, with pictures to prove it. The blog post was very inspiring and motivating. More than that, the blog post also makes every runner go back to the simple reason of running. One of the commenters said it best: "Not for medals, race shirts, weight loss, or anything else…just for the joy of running. You hit the nail on the head. It feels good!"

So the next time someone asks you, "Why do you run?" give that someone a rundown of your joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment