RoadID

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address below to receive the latest tips for beginning runners:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sad about Roxas Blvd.



When the surge was gone, Roxas Boulevard was a mess.

Literally and figuratively.

Typhoon Pedring made a scary and jaw-dropping show of sea waves going against the sea wall of Roxas Boulevard last Tuesday. Noboby, even me, expected the show.

The day after the wrath, I saw the boulevard’s stretch from my seat in the van I was riding to work.

I felt sadness.

I remembered all the people who, morning or afternoon or night, have been walking, jogging, and running along Roxas Boulevard.

I remembered the people who are just there with their friends or families who never ceased to admire Manila’s sunset.

It was the same boulevard who told me that life is good despite of me not getting to run along it stretch yet.

It was the same boulevard who inspired me to say goodbye to summer as I saw the rains fell.

I got these pictures from Flickr to show you the results of the storm surge that Roxas Boulevard experienced last Tuesday (I chanced upon them through Ajay's Writings on the Wall blog).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/annalyn/6190783814/


http://www.flickr.com/photos/annalyn/6190782958/


http://www.flickr.com/photos/annalyn/6190266589/  

A total of 750 meters of broken sea wall, stolen steel bench parts, fallen statues, and scattered tiles.

I do wish that before Christmas comes, Roxas Boulevard will return to its splendid form. As of this writing, news of clean up and rehabilitation are already taking place.

It was the same boulevard who told me that life is good despite of me not getting to run along it stretch yet.

And it will be the same boulevard who will wait for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment