RoadID

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address below to receive the latest tips for beginning runners:

Delivered by FeedBurner

My First 10K Training Post-Training Analysis

So, how did I fare after taking a few more kilometers?



So, it's been three months since I started sighing in front of my first 10K training calendar. How did I fare?

Well, let's see. There were weeks where I wasn't able to run, and those weeks made me nervous.

There were days when all I wanted to do was to run - nothing else. Happiness was there in the road. I never wanted to stop.

There were days when I wanted to stay in bed for a few more minutes and miss my run.

I couldn't forget the week of my first 10K. That was the week when I realized what I had done - signing up for 10K. I almost wanted to tell myself, "What did I get myself into?" Add to that my mom's question, "Can you really do 10K?" Well, I don't know what happened, but when I told her, "I can. If I don't do it now, when will I do it?" everything just went on just fine up to the race day.

The first two months of the year brought me to new race routes - Coastal Road and Skyway.

So, what's my analysis? For a grade, I'm going to give myself an F for Fair.

I plan to start my training for my next 10K next week. I already have my sights on the better things that I wasn't able to do the last time.

And this time, there is no sighing in front of my 10K training calendar.

Just a wide smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment