RoadID

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address below to receive the latest tips for beginning runners:

Delivered by FeedBurner

10K jitters

"Can you really do 10K?"

That was my mom asking me a question a few hours ago after I handed the 7-11 Run 800 race kit that I got from the 7-11 store in Kalaw Street, Manila today.


Got my 7-11 Run 800 race kit today! Will I see you on Sunday?


As I write this, I only have a few days to go before my very first 10K run.

I immediately told her, "I can, I can, I can."
 
I don't know if what I said worked for me. Because one word comes to mind now: JITTERS.


I wasn't really joking: when I saw this part of the envelope kit, I got nervous. I'm really running 10K on Sunday! Aaaaahhhh!


I don't know if the jitters that I am having is the same as when I did my first 5K. But one thing's for sure: it's present again.

My training was not perfect. I lost a total of three weeks of runs. I think this is the main reason why I'm getting the jitters.

Well, I could always walk my runs. I am already telling myself that as always, I'm not going to rush. I'm going to enjoy my first 10K. I'm going to laugh at myself for bracing the cold of a January Sunday just to cross a part of Coastal Road.

Okay, that made me nervous again.

I think in every first that we do, we get nervous. No one is exempted. This is what I am feeling right now.

If you have a message for me on my last training week, do let me know. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment