RoadID

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address below to receive the latest tips for beginning runners:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Suddenly Remembered…. It’s September!




I just couldn’t help but remember the song “September” by Earth, Wind and Fire. The song could anyone (including me) jump off their feet. I can still remember the dance steps of the song that were taught to us back in high school. Why not? September is just days away! It would mean it’s the last quarter of the year, and Christmas will just be around the corner!

And  then I also thought: September’s coming and I haven’t ran, even less trained, for my first 10K.

Shheessh! Time flies fast! I was just writing it in my 2012 plan last January! September is about to come and I haven’t scratched it in my plans! Aarrggh!

Can I list down my excuses here?


Well, first and foremost, I was officially 100% injured-free this year. I also just learned how to run properly this year. I focused on getting a part time online job this year (which I did!), as well as contemplated if I should re-enroll in my master’s degree or just forget about it. Moreover, I got busy with books to read and office work, that I was already tired by the time I come home. I just love 3Ks and 5Ks so much, I couldn’t get over those distances. And of course, the “I’ll just do it tomorrow” mantra that I still say made it worse.
Sheeesh! Too many excuses that got me nowhere!

I wonder if I would get to cross my 10K finish line this year. Just in case, it would go down as one of the biggest regrets of this year, if not my entire running life.
Well, I could still have a go on it, right? “Ber” months means I still got 122 days to train for my first 10K. I can still do it!

But then, December means Christmas, which means colder days and more food at every table.

Sheeeesh! Why did I suddenly remembered that it’s September in the first place?




No comments:

Post a Comment