RoadID

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address below to receive the latest tips for beginning runners:

Delivered by FeedBurner

5K Jitters

Run+like+hell
A week before the Hyundai Run for a Cause - I'm starting to have jitters. Gotta fight it!  http://www.flickr.com/photos/401552292579917@N00/294

I was walking alone this morning when I realized that it's a week before the Hyundai Run for a Cause 2012.

I am not actually sure if I am prepared to run 5K.

I was planning to enjoy around three bouts of 3K before going to 5K. But then, I saw it too late - Hyundai Run for a Cause only has 5K and 10K categories. I have printed my registration form when I realized what I signed up for.

I know that I was able to slash two minutes of my time in a 3K run. But I am feeling the jitters because the Hyundai Run for a Cause is not 3K - I need to run an additional 2 kilometers.

The only consolation that I have right now is that my family is going with me in the Hyundai Run - a first (my dad finds it hard to travel due to his old age).

But I am determined to run and walk, run and walk, and finish the run with at least a smile - and alive.

I do not dream of getting podium finishes on my run, anyway. For me, every finish is a podium finish - compared to the couch potato me before.

So I finished my walk today with a smile.

I know I'll be able to do that next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment