RoadID

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address below to receive the latest tips for beginning runners:

Delivered by FeedBurner

My London 2012 Olympics in Numbers

Cauldron
3:45 A.M. – My cell phone started singing NKOTBSB’s “Don’t Turn Off the Lights.” It’s like my phone’s saying, “Get up or miss the Brit party!”
15 minutes – Total time my ginger tea got ready for drinking. That’s what I drink every day to wake up my body organs. TV turned on (Derek Ramsey already made my day).
1 – Number of hours I stood in front of the TV set. I did stretching for the first one hour of the opening ceremonies, as I might go back to sleep if I sit down.
0 – That’s how my mouth looked like during the whole show because it’s jaw-dropping – and every time the commercials came (ugh!)
1 – My first time to enjoy the Olympic Opening Ceremonies from start to finish, since the 2000 Sydney Olympics. I never got to watch the Beijing show because my dad was sick then. I couldn’t remember where I was hiding in 2004.
6 – Number of times I have witnessed Olympics in my lifetime, starting with 1992 Barcelona, 1996 Atlanta, 2000 Sydney, 2004 Athens, 2008 Beijing, and 2012 London. I was busy being a kid of the 80s.
30 – Number of minutes of my Saturday run. I left the house during the Parade of Countries, and momentarily came back inside the house when I got an SMS message from my brother that Team PH is on their way. It was also during my run that I thought of an idea about a pending essay entry. See what running does?
1 – A silent prayer I hushed as I saw the PH flag carried by weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz. God, this is hope against hope; please give us a gold medal.
2 – Number of times I watched the replay. I couldn’t get enough of Daniel Craig, Rowan Atkinson, J.K. Rowling, Mary Poppins, Euro Pop, Sir Paul McCartney, and everything Brit! Such is the creativity of Danny Boyle. Britain, thanks for the Saturday morning rock!
photo credit








No comments:

Post a Comment